Back to school desk and office inspiration
This week has most of us back to our Fall school/work routines. After summer it can be difficult to get back into the swing of things- especially for students. If you haven’t done much (in terms of school work) over the 4 month summer break sitting down to do readings and assignments can seem dreadful. Inspiration is key when starting back at school/work and our home work space can help to make or break our success! Below, I am sharing some tips that will hopefully help you get your homework mojo back!
1. Organization is KEY. I know you’ve probably heard it over and over again, but organizing your space can make a world of a difference. When everything has a space and you use your storage system (whatever it may be- bins, baskets, folder files etc.) wisely, you will always know where things are and will be able to get started working right away! Organization also usually means that your space will be tidy. I get super stressed when my desk is a mess and find that cleaning and organizing it really helps my work habits!
2. Create an inspiring work space. Whether you are working in the creative industry or not, an inspiring and creative work space can help get you to your desk. If you like bright colours or bold accents, try accessorizing with prints and flowers or put bold wall paper on the wall behind your desk like in the image from Harper’s Bazaar. You may also want to create an inspiration board for your desk to keep you motivated and remind yourself what you are working towards 🙂
3. Make the desk/space your own. Add little things to your desk that say YOU. If you’re in love with, let’s say vintage decor or polka dots, or cute little puppies, add these touches into your space.
4. Accessorize. Accessories are key. Wall art (see Stephanie Sterjovski’s image) can make a space look so glam and carpets and curtains are also a great way to spruce up a work space!
5. Calendar days are NOT over. This one’s up for debate, but personally I love writing things down in my agenda or on a calendar. Everything can be done on smart phones these days, but for me it’s just not the same. This year I am especially excited to use my agenda, because of this baby!!!