Hey babes! Today I want to talk about a topic that’s been on my mind lately: Gut health! If you’ve been anywhere online in the past year, you know that gut health is having a moment. And for good reason. About 80% of our immune system is found in our gut, which is why taking care of your gut is so important. Our gut also regulates our mood and hormones, as well as our body’s ability to release toxins. Needless to say, knowing how to heal your gut is the secret to a healthy lifestyle.
As I’ve been educating myself more on gut health, I’ve realized that a healthy gut is the key to overall health, including everything from energy levels to maintaining a healthy weight to glowing skin. On the flip side, an unhealthy gut can lead to serious issues like autoimmune disease, skin conditions, mental health problems, diabetes, digestive issues, and more.
What to Eat to Heal Your Gut
Lately, I’ve been incorporating quite a few gut health remedies into my daily routine. I’ve been taking a probiotic every morning, which is such an important step for good gut health. Probiotics help balance bacteria in the digestive tract, promoting healthy digestion and a healthy immune system. They help with bloat and stomach comfort, and something I just found out is they also promote teeth, colon and urinary tract health. If you haven’t started taking a probiotic on the daily, I highly suggest it.
I use the Nutriclean Probiotics due to their delivery system. There’s no point taking probiotics if you’re not fully absorbing them and reaping all the benefits. Many probiotics become ineffective when they come in contact with stomach acid, but Nutriclean uses a patented delivery system that protects probiotic organisms from stomach acid. I always make sure that whatever I’m using is going to benefit me, and this probiotic fit the bill 100%.
I’m also totally in love with GT’s Kombucha, which my dad introduced me to. My favourite is the Gingerade, I could literally drink gallons of it every day. I don’t of course, but I love it. Kombucha is amazing for so many reasons, from detoxification to improved digestion and immune system stimulation. And when you find one you love, it’s so easy to make it part of your morning routine!
Miso is another gut healing food I can’t get enough of. My mom has a homemade miso soup recipe that I always gobble down, and this past weekend when I was at my parents’ place, I had two huge bowls of it. Miso is packed with beneficial bacterial to help the gut stay healthy and is also rich in essential minerals and vitamins.
If you have an unhealthy gut, it’s likely due to your habits. The main things that are likely harming your gut are a poor diet, alcohol consumption, and stress. Eating healthy to heal your gut doesn’t mean your food isn’t going to taste delicious. There are plenty of gut health recipes that are just as mouth-watering as they are healthful.
Here are 25 gut health recipes to incorporate into your diet.
- Coconut Flour Pancakes via PaleoHacks
- Easy Breakfast Scramble via Bare Root Girl
- Happy Gut Breakfast Bowl via Rachl Mansfield
- Banana, Cashew and Turmeric Smoothie via A Balanced Belly
- Kefir Smoothie (Peaches, Banana, Ginger, Coconut) via YuriElkaim
- Gut Healing Pumpkin Spice Latte via The Real Food Dieticians
- Gut Healing Bone Broth via PaleoHacks
- Simple Miso Soup via Ferns and Peonies
- Thai Carrot Soup via Comfy Belly
- Gobi Masala Soup via Worthy Pause
- Purple Sweet Potato Soup via Balancing Paleo
- Raw Sauerkraut via Detoxinista
- Gut Healing Immune Boosting Chicken Soup via Ancestral Nutrition
- Coconut Chicken Curry via Amy Myers MD
- Sweet Potato Lentil Chili via Healthy Helper
- Fish Curry with Coconut, Lemongrass and Kefir Lime via Love Your Gut
- Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa via The Cookie Rookie
- Coconut Lime Quinoa Salad via Eat, Spin, Run, Repeat
- Cream of Broccoli Soup with Coconut Milk via Paleo Hacks
- Anti-Inflammatory Buddha Bowl via A Whisk and Two Wands
- Creamy Eggplant Spinach Dip via PaleoHacks
- Thirty-Clove Garlic and Onion Soup via Eat, Drink Paleo
- Homemade Yogurt via Nourished Kitchen
- Blueberry Ginger Kombucha via Fit Happy Free
- Easy Homemade Sauerkraut via Whole New Mom
If you’ve been experiencing signs of poor gut health, it’s time to learn how to heal your gut and get your health back on track! Have you been on a mission to heal your gut? I’d love to hear more tips/foods/recipes you’d recommend for anyone of their gut healing journey! Let us in by leaving a comment below!
And if you thought this post was helpful, I’d love if you shared the image below on Pinterest!