Filling up your editorial calendar with quality content is key to your success as a lifestyle blogger! But I also know that coming up with blog post ideas for lifestyle bloggers isn’t always easy! But because I filled out my editorial calendar a couple months ago, I now know exactly what I’m writing about each week until the end of June. When June rolls around, I’ll fill in the next few months, and so on, and so on.
Why do I do this? Because I used to hate sitting down at my lap top and wasting time thinking about what to write. Life is so busy as it is, anything that can save some time is such a life saver!
As a lifestyle blogger, there is SO much you can write about. That’s another reason why it’s so important to get your content organized. Having an editorial calendar filled with amazing, substantial content is essential if you want your blog to make it big! Random posts that don’t fit with each other make it really confusing for anyone who visits your site!
PS. Haven’t started your blog yet? Follow my fool-proof guide how to start a successful lifestyle blog from the ground up!
When it comes time for me to sit down and fill in my editorial calendar, I like to start with a brainstorming session. I write down all the ideas that come to mind under each of my blog categories and then choose the ones I like best and know my readers will love too! And since I’m always writing blog post ideas down as they come to me, I compile all the post titles together, and organize them to figure out which ones should go where in my calendar.
Want to learn more about how to create an editorial calendar? Check out this post!
If you’re stuck on wha to write about as a lifestyle blogger, I hope this list gives you some great ideas!
- Write about why you started your blog (and how it’s changed your life!)
2. Your favorite Instagram accounts for [interior, fashion, travel, beauty, etc.] inspiration
- Round-up post featuring holiday sales from your favorite stores
- Your favorite TFIG cocktail recipe
- Your favorite desk accessories for your home office
- Write a letter to your younger self (as a child or teen) with life lessons
- 20 things to do before you turn 20 (25 things to do before you turn 25, etc.)
- An inside look to a day in your life
- Your favorite Pinterest home/beauty /entertaining DIYS
- List 10 things people don’t know about you
- Your favorite hair hacks that save you time in the morning
- The best blogs to follow for style ( or travel, or beauty, or food, etc.) inspiration
- Your weekly fitness routine
- Your summer (or winter or spring or fall) reading list
- A glimpse into your morning routine/ a glimpse into your nighttime routine
- List 10 things you’re grateful for and why
- Review your favorite book
- Talk about your favorite cafes/restaurants in your city
- Your best blogging tip for new bloggers
- Your favorite social media platform and why
- Time management/productivity apps you can’t live without
- A list of your favorite podcasts to listen to while in transit
- Your wanderlust list (10 places you want to travel to and why)
- Girl’s night entertaining ideas
- A round-up of your most popular posts
- A living room (or kitchen or office etc.) reveal
- Your favorite fashion pieces of the season
- Create a wish list for anything from baking supplies to staple wardrobe pieces to office accessories
- Share your best phone photography tips
- Show how you use your bullet journal
- Create a city guide (yours or somewhere you visited) highlighting your favorite shops, restaurants, bars, cafes, parks, beaches, etc.
- Share your me-time must haves
- Showcase your favorite style staples
- Create a weekly roundup post featuring your favorite things that week
- Create a DIY piece for your home and show your step-by-step process
- Your weekend makeup routine
- 5 of your biggest life goals and how you plan to achieve them (and when)
- Your flight/travel essentials
- What’s in your bag
- Share a recent makeup haul featuring your favorite products
- Your workout playlist
- Healthy changes to make this year
- How to decorate a small space
- How to throw a dinner party for friends
- A roundup of your favorite beauty Youtubers
- Your favorite things to do over the weekend
- How to hygge at home
- Lately on Instagram (highlight your latest Instagram posts)
- 48-hours in [insert city]
- Transitional fashion pieces from season to season
Now that’s a whole lotta blog post ideas! I hope you find some inspiration for your blog moving forward!
Have you been struggling to find inspiration for what to write about? How do you overcome it and keep writing anyways? I’d love to hear your tips!
If you loved this post make sure to share it on Pinterest!